Code4Lib North 2015 St. Catharines: And so can you!
Just last week I had the opportunity to co-host the Code4Lib North 2015 meetup.
First and foremost I need to thank my co-host Dave and the St. Catharines Public Library for providing the venue. Thanks also to Brock University for providing refreshments. Some observations:
- You can rely on members of the community to provide some bang up presentations
- Asking questions before convening a session is a great way to engage the audience and get some laughs (Favorite movie sequel provided some interesting results)
- Donuts!1! (It was national donut day and conference schedule included trips to donut shop)
- Hashtag was #c4ln2015
- As per tradition I used twarc to grab the tweets as JSON
- Word Wall!
- All the details/schedule/links to slides are on the wiki
- The last actvity was a moderated debate on the use of Cloud technologies in the Library
It's official because we used the word abstention
So the last thing I'll say is that code4Lib runs on volunteers. Running a local chapter meet up is pretty straightforward and rewarding in many ways.
Your turn next year.